Betrayal Quotes: Have you been betrayed? It’s ok. It’s not the end of the world. Don’t bottle your emotions up, and take a deep breath. Nothing in this world deserves your tears.
Calm down and let me help you. First, you have to talk to someone you trust, and this will really make you express your anger and sadness. Be it a friend, family member, therapist, or religious leader.
Second, go outside, smell some air, eat something you love, play your favorite game, talk to your funny friends, and do whatever you need to forget what happened, even if just for a while.
Finally, read these betrayal quotes to help you process your emotions. Whoever the person who has betrayed you, the following quotes will undoubtedly help you heal.
Best Betrayal Quotes
Let’s begin with the best 10 betrayal quotes.
- “Betrayal can be extremely painful, but it’s up to you how much that pain damages you permanently.” — Emily V. Gordon
- “Betrayal is like death: you never think it will happen to you.” ― Marty Rubin
- “Betrayal is the only truth that sticks.” — Arthur Miller
- “If someone betrays you once, it’s their fault. If they betray you twice, it’s your fault.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “He who trusts the world, the world betrays him.” ― Ali Ibn Abi Talib AS
- “Most friendship is feigning, most loving mere folly.” ― William Shakespeare
- “Love is whatever you can still betray. Betrayal can only happen if you love.” — John Le Carre
- “They talk of a man betraying his country, his friends, his sweetheart. There must be a moral bond first. All a man can betray is his conscience.” — Joseph Conrad
- “Trust is earned, respect is given, and loyalty is demonstrated. Betrayal of any one of those is to lose all three.” — Ziad K. Abdelnour
Eye-Opening Quotes About Betrayal
Here are some eye-opening quotes about betrayal, that will change the way you think.
- “They can betray me but I choose not to betray my peace of mind.” — Dodinsky
- “The moment you accept what troubles you’ve been given, the door will open.” — Rumi
- “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” — Steve Maraboli
- “Betrayal leaves us at a fork in the road. We can become stuck in a bad moment forever or we can put it behind us for good. We decide our path.” — Carmen Harra
- ”You may shoot me with your words, you may cut me with your eyes, you may kill me with your hatefulness, but still, like air, I’ll rise.” — Maya Angelou
- “Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in their lifetime. It’s what unites us. The trick is not to let it destroy your trust in others when that happens. Don’t let them take that from you.” ― Sherrilyn Kenyon
Relationship Betrayal Quotes
This is the hardest betrayal one can ever pass. It’s normal to feel overwhelmed after being betrayed by the person you love. Now let these love betrayal quotes make you take a deep breath.
- “It was a mistake,” you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you.” ―
- “Loving someone is giving them the power to break your heart, but trusting them not to.” — Julianne Moore
- ”Pleasure which must be enjoyed at the expense of another’s pain, can never be such as a worthy mind can fully delight in.” — Samuel Johnson
- “I’m not really sure why. But… do you stop loving someone just because they betray you? I don’t think so. That’s what makes the betrayal hurt so much – pain, frustration, anger… and I still loved her. I still do.” ― Brandon Sanderson
- “You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t.” — Caleb Carr
- “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.” ― Shannon L. Alder
- “Do you believe a man can truly love a woman and constantly betray her? Never mind physically but betray her in his mind, in the very “poetry of his soul”. Well, it’s not easy but men do it all the time.” ― Mario Puzo
- “I could never hurt him enough to make his betrayal stop hurting. And it hurts, in every part of my body.” ― Veronica Roth
- “All love is betrayal, in that it flatters life. The loveless man is best armed.” — John Updike
Friend Betrayal Quotes
Be it your friend or best friend, these friendship betrayal quotes will help you open your eyes to believing that there are fake friends.
- “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” — William Blake
- “A stab from a friend cuts deeper than a stab from a foe.” ― Amit Kalantri
- “Some people are willing to betray years of friendship just to get a little bit of the spotlight.” — Lauren Conrad
- “Lord, protect me from my friends; I can take care of my enemies.” — Robert Greene
- “Eliminate those fake friends who seem real when you have something and disappear when you have nothing.” — Rashida Rowe
- “In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Judas betrayed his friend for 30 pieces of silver. The rest of us do it for far less.” — Marty Rubin
- ”False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us when we cross into the shade.” — Christian Nevell Bovee
- “The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.” ― Heather Brewer
Family Betrayal Quotes
We grew up knowing that family protects and supports. Nothing can make us believe that betrayal can come from a family member until it happens. Let these family betrayal quotes help you process your emotions.
- “Sometimes the people closest to you betray you, and your home isn’t a place you can be happy anymore.” — Kristin Cas
- “It’s a shame that the very people who you protect are the first ones to turn their backs on you.” — Autumn Kohler
- “Sometimes family was the cruelest form of love there was, for no one could hurt you more than the people who created you.” — SC Stephens
- “Some people are in such utter darkness that they will burn you just to see a light. Try not to take it personally.” ― Kamand Kojouri
- “Enemies are always born in your bloodlines. When in doubt always turn your head to your bloodlines. You will definitely find a solution to your problem!” ― Fahad Basheer
- “They say family’s first, but family is the first to get you hurt.” — Chrisper Malamsha
- “There is no greater blessing than a family hand that lifts you from a fall; but there is not lower curse than a family hand that strikes you when you’re down.” — Wes Fessler
- “Familial betrayal is, to me, the most heartbreaking kind – because if you can’t trust your family to love you and protect you, who can you really trust?” — Alexandra Bracken
- “If our blood family is abusive, we have every right to open our heart and our life to new and healthier people capable of loving in the same ways we love. Doing this is not a betrayal. It’s our right.” — Dr. Sherrie Campbell
Lost Trust Quotes
Betrayal is an action, but losing trust is a reaction. Maybe the following lost trust quotes are what you really need to read.
- “Don’t depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness.” — Ibn Taymiyyah
- “Trust cannot be broken only taken back from people not worthy of it.” ― Jackie Viramontez
- “For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first.” ― Suzanne Collins
- “Trust was a double-edged sword. It could give you hope, but it could cut you in an instant when it was broken.” — Tiffany King
- “When you betray somebody else, you also betray yourself.” — Isaac Bashevis Singer
Do you feel that you were stabbed in the back? These backstabbing quotes are the best for you.
- “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.” ― Mineko Iwasaki
- “Be very careful of who you share your problem with, remember that not every friend that smiles at you is your best friend.” ― Kemmy Nola
- “It’s hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it….” ― Nicole Richie
- “You know that you have been stabbed when you feel the deep pain of betrayal.” — Les Parrott
- “From the backstabbing co-worker to the meddling sister-in-law, you are in charge of how you react to the people and events in your life. You can either give negativity power over your life or you can choose happiness instead. Take control and choose to focus on what is important in your life. Those who cannot live fully often become destroyers of life.” — Anais Nin
Don’t forget to share these betrayal quotes to help others get the same feeling you have right now.
Last Updated on November 28, 2023SHARE ON