Have you been searching for cross-country quotes to fuel your passion for running and racing? If so, you have definitely come to the right place. Here, you will find the most inspirational and motivational quotes about running and cross-country sports.
Maybe there are many lessons in running, but there are even more in running over long distances like that of cross-country. Running requires strength, but cross-country running requires more than strength to keep up for a long time till you reach the finish line.
So whether you are very passionate about that type of running or want to try it for the first time, you will find the motivational words you need here to help you know what it takes to win such a race.
Anyway, even professional runners will relate to this article, as it is full of inspirational quotes about running.
These are the 20 most inspirational cross country quotes I could find online. I collected them from different online sources to inspire you.
Take a look!
Best Cross Country Quotes
- “If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now. Don’t spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it.” — Priscilla Welch
- “The start of a World Cross Country event is like riding a horse in the middle of a buffalo stampede. It’s a thrill if you keep up, but one slip and you’re nothing but hoof prints.” — Ed Eyestone
- “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” — Will Rogers
- “Don’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” — Michael Phelps
- “If you run, you are a runner. It doesn’t matter how fast or how far… There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.” — John Bingham
- “In many ways, a race is analogous to life itself. Once it is over, it cannot be recreated. All that is left are impressions in the heart, and in the mind.” — Chris Lear
- “The five S’s of sports training are Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill, and Spirit; but the greatest of these is Spirit.” — Ken Doherty
Cross Country Inspirational Quotes
- “Cross Country: No half times, no time outs, no substitutions. It must be the only true sport.” — Chuck Norris
- “Running is the greatest metaphor for life because you get out of it what you put into it.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “Run often. Run long. But never outrun your joy of running.” — Julie Isphording
- “One thing about racing is that it hurts. You better accept that from the beginning, or you’re not going anywhere.” — Bob Kennedy
- “Somewhere in the world, someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.” — Tom Fleming
- “Don’t dream of winning, train for it!” — Mo Farah
- “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” — Dan Gable
Cross Country Running Quotes
- “We are designed to run, and we increase our chance of daily happiness when we do so.” — Jeff Galloway
- “Good things come slow, especially in distance running.” — Bill Dellinger
- “It doesn’t matter whether you’re a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.” — Abe Gubegna
- “Running cross-country is the closest man will ever get to flying.” — Joseph VanderStel
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” — Confucius
- “A lot of people run a race to see who’s the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts.” — Steve Prefontaine
- “To describe the agony of a marathon to someone who’s never run it is like trying to explain color to someone who was born blind.” — Jerome Drayton
I hope you liked my collection of cross country quotes and found the inspiration you need against fellow runners or for you as a beginner.
Anyway, thanks for reading, and I hope you can share your favorite quote with us by writing it in a comment.
Read Next: Top 20 Racing Quotes To Fuel Your Passion
Last Updated on January 15, 2024SHARE ON