Want to learn some lessons about parenting? Well, you have already found the most inspirational collection of parenting quotes for hard times.
Being a parent is one of the best blessings God gives to us. However, it’s one of the most challenging experiences one can ever have. Whatever you do for your child, you never feel you have done enough.
To that end, I searched the web for famous people who spoke about parenting to help parents who are having a hard time raising their children. So if you are suffering from your child’s behavior or don’t know what is best for your child, read the collection I prepared, and it will surely help.
These quotes will teach you lessons about the love your child needs and about the nature of kids and how they think. All parents need to learn these lessons, not just new parents. So you must read every word.
These are the top 30 parenting quotes for hard times to inspire you to be the best parent any child can ask for. Why not take a look?
Top 10 Parenting Quotes For Hard Times
- “I came to parenting the way most of us do, knowing nothing and trying to learn everything.” — Mayim Bialik
- “Children do not need us to shape them. They need us to respond to who they are.” — Naomi Aldort
- “Perhaps one day, they’ll understand all the sacrifices she gladly made out of love for them.” — John Mark Green
- “By loving them for more than their abilities, we show our children that they are much more than the sum of their accomplishments.” — Eileen Kennedy-Moore
- “Love is the chain whereby to bind a child to its parents.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it.” — Harold Hubert
- “There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one.” — Sue Atkins
- “If you have never been hated by your children, you haven’t been a parent.” — Bette Davis
Positive Parenting Quotes For Hard Times
- “There really are places in the heart you don’t even know exist until you love a child.” — Anne Lamott
- It’s not only children who grow. Parents do, too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us see what we do with ours. I can’t tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it myself.” — Joyce Maynard
- “You have to love your children unselfishly. That is hard. But it is the only way.” — Barbara Bush
- “Encourage and support your kids because children are apt to live up to what you believe of them.” — Lady Bird Johnson
- “Don’t let yourself become so concerned with raising a good kid that you forget you already have one.” — Glennon Melton-Doyle
- “Your kids require you most of all to love them for who they are, not to spend your whole time trying to correct them.” — Bill Ayers
- “Never fear to spoil children by making them too happy. Happiness is the atmosphere in which all good affections grow.” — Thomas Bray
- “The thing about parenting rules is there aren’t any. That’s what makes it so difficult.” — Ewan McGregor
- “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.” — Linda Wooten
Read Also: 30 Being A Mom Isn’t Easy Quotes
Inspirational Parenting Quotes For Difficult Times
- “Everything that happens to me in a day enhances my parenting.” — Pamela Adlon
- “Parenthood…It’s about guiding the next generation, and forgiving the last.” — Peter Krause
- “Speak to your children as if they are the wisest, kindest, most beautiful and magical humans on earth, for what they believe is what they will become.” — Brooke Hampton
- “Remember you are not managing an inconvenience. You are raising a human being.” — Kittie Franz
- “Parents are the ultimate role models for children. Every word, every movement, and action affects. No other person or outside force has a greater influence on a child than a parent.” — Bob Keeshan
- “Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” — Anne Frank
- “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” — Barbara Kingsolver
- “Love is staying up all night with a sick child – or a healthy adult.” — David Frost
- “No matter how much time you spend reading books or following your intuition, you’re gonna screw it up. Fifty times. You can’t do parenting right.” — Alan Arkin
- “It is time for parents to teach young people that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.” — Maya Angelou
- “The most powerful way to change the world is to live in front of our children the way we would like the world to be.” — Graham R White
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you liked my collection of parenting quotes for hard times. I’m curious to know which one is your favorite. Could you share it below in the comments section?
Anyway, parenting is not easy. However, having a child is a blessing, and we have to cherish it.
Even though you feel you are not a perfect parent, you are exactly the parent your child needs.
Until next time!
Last Updated on January 7, 2024SHARE ON