Welcome to the most eye-opening quotes about hypocrites on the web. Today, you will know how to spot hypocrites and how to stop yourself from being one of them.
Whether you agree or disagree, society is filled with hypocrites and liars. So if you want to read something new about them to protect yourself from being one, this article is for you.
You may feel sometimes that you are turning into a hypocrite when you come into contact with hypocrites for a long time. So this article is made for everyone who has a fear of hypocrisy.
Whether you want to know how to spot a hypocrite or need to protect yourself from them, the collection I made for you will inspire you enough to know everything you need to know about hypocrites.
I searched the web for famous people who spoke and wrote about hypocrites. And guess what? I found thousands of quotes about hypocrites, but I found the following 20 quotes to be the most powerful ones.
Let’s take a look.
Top 10 Quotes About Hypocrites
- “The only thing worse than a liar is a liar that’s also a hypocrite!” — Tennessee Williams
- “What hypocrites we seem to be whenever we talk of ourselves! Our words sound so humble, while our hearts are so proud.” ― Augustus Hare
- “A hypocrite despises those whom he deceives but has no respect for himself. He would make a dupe of himself too, if he could.” — William Hazlitt
- “We’re all living contradictions, trying to survive in a world filled with hypocrites.” — Eric Jerome Dickey
- “Hypocrites are those who apply to others the standards that they refuse to accept for themselves.” — Noam Chomsky
- “Keep thy smooth words and juggling homilies for those who know thee not.” — Lord Byron
- “It’s amazing how much panic one honest man can spread among a multitude of hypocrites.” — Thomas Sowell
Being A Hypocrite Quotes
- “He wears a mask, and his face grows to fit it.” — George Orwell
- “I think we need to look at ourselves first. We should practice what we’re preaching. Otherwise, we are hypocrites.” ― Mo Ibrahim
- “Truth without love is brutality, and love without truth is hypocrisy.” ― Warren Wiersbe
- “We are all hypocrites. We cannot see ourselves or judge ourselves the way we see and judge others.” — Jose Emilio Pacheco
- “Those who make use of devotion as a means and end generally are hypocrites.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “The fellow that calls you “brother” usually wants something that doesn’t belong to him.” — Kin Hubbard
- “Everybody is a hypocrite. You can’t live on this planet without being a hypocrite.” — Paul Watson
Life Quotes About Hypocrisy
- “Although they despise each other, they embrace each other, and although they want to be above the others, they bow to each other.” — Marcus Aurelius
- “No power can be maintained when it is only represented by hypocrites.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite.” — Charles Spurgeon
- “Cheats and hypocrites are those who do everything with words and do nothing with actions.” — Democritus
- “Every man alone is sincere. At the entrance of a second person, hypocrisy begins.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The only vice that cannot be forgiven is hypocrisy. The repentance of a hypocrite is itself hypocrisy.” — William Hazlitt
- “The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer looks for excuses.” — Al-Ghazali
To Wrap It Up
I think you know now that sometimes we need to be hypocrites, but only when we have no other options.
Thanks for reading my collection of quotes about hypocrites. I hope you liked them and found the life lessons you need to not be one of them.
P.S. I’m curious to know your favorite quote. Can you mention it below in the comments?
Read Next: 25 Powerful Fake And Selfish Friends Quotes
Last Updated on January 23, 2024SHARE ON