Quotes About Losing A Friend: We turn to our friends when it is difficult to turn to family, and that is why some friends are closer than family.
Losing a dear friend is heartbreaking. It takes a long time to heal from it. Therefore, you have to take good care of your health and realize that, with time, sadness will fade away and you will cope with the loss.
For now, you will read the following quotes that will heal your soul. They are from famous people who wrote and said them with a wise mind.
From the web, we collected the 25 best quotes about losing a friend that may make you cry, but tears now can fix and heal you and make you miss your friend ever more.
Best Quotes About Losing A Friend
- “The loss of a friend is like that of a limb; time may heal the anguish of the wound, but the loss cannot be repaired.” — Robert Southey
- “While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.” — John Taylor
- “To lose a friend is the greatest of all loses.” — Publius Syrus
- “Friends fill time in our lives that will be vacant when they die.” ― Helen Fitzgerald
- “Your lost friends are not dead, but gone before, advanced a stage or two upon that road which you must travel in the steps they trod.” ― Aristophanes
- “When people die, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re ready to give them up.” — C.A. Belmond
- “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.” ― Flavia Weedn
- “We can’t feel the loss of a friend until they are apart from us.” — Debolina
- “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul, there is no such thing as separation.” ― Rumi
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” ― A.A. Milne
- “The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last.” ― Moira Rogers
- “What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” — Helen Keller
- “We all lose friends… we lose them in death, to distance, and over time. But even though they may be lost, hope is not. The key is to keep them in your heart, and when the time is right, you can pick up the friendship right where you left off. Even the lost find their way home, when you leave the light on” — Amy Marie Waltz
- “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” — Nicholas Sparks
- “Tell your friend that in his death, a part of you dies and goes with him. Wherever he goes, you also go. He will not be alone.” — Jiddu Krishnamurti
- “There’s a thing that keeps surprising you about stormy old friends after they die; their silence.” — Ben Becht
See Also: Broken Friendship Quotes
Quotes About Losing Best Friend
When it comes to your best friend, I can imagine how bad you feel. Let the following quotes about losing the best friend heal you:
- “The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.” — Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “Even the best of friends cannot attend each other’s funeral.” ― Kehlog Albran
- “The bond between friends cannot be broken by chance; no interval of time or space can destroy it. Not even death itself can part true friends.” ― John Cassian
- “When a close friend unexpectedly leaves us, a piece of our heart is forever broken.” — Chris Lumpkin
- “True regret is knowing you missed your only opportunity to be simply a good friend to someone that was exactly like you.” — Shannon L. Alder
- “But fate ordains that dearest friends must part.” — Edward Young
- “I love you every day. And now I will miss you every day.” ― Mitch Albom
- “Maturity is when you realize being apart and still being best friends can be possible.” — Unknown
- “You cannot stop loving your friend because he’s dead, especially if he was better than anyone alive, you know?” ― J.D. Salinger
Whether you finished reading this list crying or smiling, that means you found peace in one or two quotes. That’s really great.
Don’t forget to share our quotes about losing a friend on social media to help others find strength and comfort.
Last Updated on November 12, 2023SHARE ON