If you are looking for toxic co-parenting quotes to find help, this collection is filled with lessons for you.
Parenting is a serious experience. Co-parenting is a challenging experience. So what about toxic co-parenting?
Co-parenting with a toxic or narcissistic ex-parent looks impossible, so today’s post is about this matter to help you know how to protect your child or children from the unhealthy behaviors of their other parent.
It’s not only your ex that you have to worry about; you also have to control your behavior when it comes to your child and their life. Remember that it’s all about your child’s memories, so think twice before adding a new memory to their mind.
Anyway, I collected the best quotes concerning this matter from different online sources. Famous people and unknown others shared their experiences of co-parenting and how they dealt with it and their children.
These are the 30 most powerful toxic co-parenting quotes I could find online. Let’s take a look.
Top 10 Toxic Co-Parenting Quotes
- “Co-parenting can be an incredibly positive experience for a child to witness two people who are able to co-parent with respect and healthy communication.”
- “Co-parenting is not a competition. It’s a collaboration of two homes working together with the best interest of the child at heart. Work for your kids, not against them.” — Heather Hetchler
- “At the end of the day, you’ve got to be a little selfless. You have to say ‘It’s not about us. This didn’t work out quite how we wanted it to, but look at the amazing blessing that we have in these wonderful children.’ So you kinda put everything else to the side and really focus.” — Nick Cannon
- “At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child’s success is the positive involvement of the parents.” — Jane D. Hull
- “Don’t ever talk trash to a child about their other parent. After all, you found some good in them long enough to reproduce.”
- “If you choose to have a child with someone you automatically chose to be a parent with that person, you don’t get the right to change your mind just because it didn’t turn out the way you expected it to. You still have to be a parent with the other person. DO what’s best for your child, not what’s best for you.”
- “We both realize that we’re parents and we’re in it for our kid, and that’s made it really easy.” — Pete Wentz
Quotes About Co-Parenting With A Toxic Ex-Partner
- “Co-parenting with a toxic ex is challenging and frustrating at best and impossible at worst.”
- “You can’t collaborate with someone who refuses to collaborate. Start parallel parenting: Keep strict boundaries, communicate only over big-ticket items such as medical care and education, and interact minimally, even if that means having separate birthday parties.” — Virginia Gilbert
- “The family drama may look and sound different from generation to generation, but all toxic patterns are remarkably similar in their outcome: pain and suffering.”
- “Co-parenting with a psychopath is a special kind of hell.”
- “Once you do embark upon the separation or divorce process, it is very important to remember three key things: Be kind, be reasonable, be brief. Remember that this person will no longer be your spouse. But he or she will continue to be your co-parent, family member, and perhaps a business partner in certain assets and entities.” — Laura Wasser
- “Anyone can have a child and call themselves parents. A real parent is someone who puts that child above their own selfish needs and wants.”
Inspirational Quotes About Co-Parenting
- “The best security blanket a child can have is parents who respect each other.” — Jane Blaustone
- Co-parenting is not asking permission. It’s about discussing your child’s needs and wants and deciding what’s best.”
- “Co-parenting with my ex is awesome! They’ve really become so mature and cooperative since our divorce, said no one ever!”
- “How do you co-parent successfully after a difficult break-up? By loving your child more than you hate your ex. Support co-parenting. Your child will thank you for it.”
- “Think of it as an important business project; you don’t always love the person that you’re working with, but you work together to get the project done. Co-parents need to adopt this same business model when co-parenting their children.” — Kela Price
- “Shared parenting allies, not enemies! We should be on the same side working together doing the best for our kids, despite our differences.”
- “Divorce and separation is a reality for millions of families. Co-parenting is a beautiful response that puts kids first.”
Co-parenting with a Narcissist Quotes
- “A narcissist will never co-parent. They will counter-parent. They don’t care about the emotional damage that constant drama inflicts upon the children as long as it causes emotional drama to you.” — A.Price
- “Narcissists will steamroll over others to get what they want, so you must be vigilant about enforcing your boundaries. Refer to court orders, don’t respond immediately to texts and emails, and don’t allow your ex to intrude on your visitation time with frequent calls and texts to your children.”
- “Narcissists have a little interest or empathy in anyone but themselves, and for a child, it can be extremely damaging.”
- “You were a narcissistic wife; you’re now a narcissistic ex-wife. You’re also a narcissist mother, daughter, sister, and human being. You’ll never admit this fact because you’ll never realize it. And that’s because you’re a narcissist.”
- “Allow your children to be children. Don’t force them to choose between mummy and daddy.”
Read Also: 30 Karma Narcissist Quotes And Life Lessons
I hope you found the life lessons you needed in my collection of toxic co-parenting quotes. Do your best to make your child’s life happy. It’s enough that they will be raised with one parent. So try to make it less heartbreaking for them.
Thanks for reading! I hope you liked the quotes above. If you find one that tells your story, share it with us in the comments section below.
Last Updated on January 31, 2024SHARE ON