Toxic Narcissistic Mother Quotes: Do you know a toxic mom? Does your mother exploit you to meet her own needs? If so, today’s article about narcissistic mothers is my gift for you.
Whether you feel that you lost your childhood or want to fix your personality cracks, I have got you covered. Today, I’m going to try something with you. Words about toxic mothers that will help you understand what is going on or what was going on with you when you were a little kid.
Understanding is half the way to treatment. So let me show you the quotes I collected from the web to help you be fine, relax, and think about what you are going to do to heal yourself.
A narcissistic mother lacks empathy, so her children feel empty of emotions or just search all the time for a kind person to find the love they never had before with their mom.
These are the 25 best toxic narcissistic mother quotes that will help you deal with your toxic mom and understand everything that is going on in her head when she scolds you.
Take a look!
Best Toxic Narcissistic Mother Quotes
Let’s begin with the top 10 quotes about toxic narcissistic mothers.
- “A child should never feel as if they need to earn a mother’s love.” — Sherrie Campbell
- “Parents wonder why the streams are bitter when they themselves have poisoned the fountain.” ― John Locke
- “Toxic mothers always remain the strangest, craziest people we’ve ever met.” — Marguerite Duras
- “Most narcissistic mothers see motherhood as a burden and like to let it be known how much work it is.” — Michelle Piper
- “I was worthy of her love whether she gave it to me or not. Every child is worthy of love.” ― Richard Paul Evans
- “Many children of toxic parents find it exceptionally difficult to identify who they are once they grow up.” — JR Thorpe
- “An unloving mother robs the child of a sense of belonging. The need to belong can become a lifelong quest for him or her.” ― Peg Streep
- “It has been my observation that parents kill more dreams than anybody.” – Spike Lee
- “Family is supposed to be our safest haven. Very often, it’s the place we find the deepest heartache.” — Lyanla Vansant
Selfish Toxic Mother Quotes
- “The narcissist mother refuses to acknowledge her games if she is pouting, let her. If she is using guilt in an attempt to force you to do something, do not give in.” — Cynthia Bailey Rug
- “I will give my toxic mother one thing she never gave me – the truth.” ― Rayne Wolfe
- A toxic mother talks but never listens, and she gives advice but never takes any.” — Sherrie Campbell
- “If all toxic moms understood the difference between healthy motherly love and toxic, destructive love, they wouldn’t be toxic in the first place.” — Samuel Zulu
- “You don’t have to repeat the trauma of your childhood. Use the pain your mother inflicted on you to motivate you to find a better way to raise your own children.” — Barrie Davenport
- “The narcissist is like a bucket with a hole in the bottom: No matter how much you put in, you can never fill it up.” — Dr. Ramani Durvasula
- “Feel sorry for your narcissistic mother, by all means. But know that you have every right to feel sorry for her from a safe distance.” — Danu Morrigan
- “Very often, toxic moms will abandon their own children and find meaningless excuses to justify their deeds as to why they are not able to be there for their children.” — unknown
- “When you grieve toxic, abusive parents, you don’t just grieve the abuse, you grieve everything you didn’t have.” — Lily Hope Lucario
Toxic Bad Mom Quotes
- “Nobody can be kinder than the narcissist while you react to life on his terms.” — Elizabeth Bowen
- “Healthy moms are a delight to their children, but toxic moms are a source of grief to their own children.” — Samuel Zulu
- “Boys and girls of narcissistic mothers both have to deal with a deficit of maternal nurturing that their upbringing lacked.” ― Mark Bans Chick
- “Just because your mother gave birth to you doesn’t mean they are capable of caring for you. Just because a woman had a child doesn’t necessarily equate to being safe, respectful, or healthy. NOT ALL MOTHERS CAN LOVE.” ― Dana Arcuri
- “All toxic mothers are more dangerous than absent fathers due to their contagious toxic energy which poisons your soul.” — unknown
- “The truth is that the happier and stronger you are, the more unhappy the narcissistic parent is because when you feel good, they lose their grip over you, and the ability to shame you.” ― Diana Macey
- “Toxic moms are self-absorbed parents, which is why they are controlling and possessive in the first place to their children.” — Samuel Zulu
- “For toxic mothers out there, just know that your toxic and abusive behaviour will one day backfire when the children you are mistreating grow up and become adults.” — Samuel Zulu
Read Also: Top 20 Bad Boss Quotes
Wrap It Up
I hope you liked our list of the 25 best quotes about toxic narcissistic mothers. Sharing is caring, so why not share it on social media to make everyone suffering from a toxic mom understand how to deal with her?
Last Updated on November 23, 2023SHARE ON