Quotes About Being Different: Be yourself. This is what you always hear from others as inspiring and encouraging words. But what does it mean?
Being yourself means that you are different. Every person is unique in their own way, and that is why you think with your own mind and act on the basis of your beliefs and principles. This is who you are, and therefore you are different and special, and you cannot be anyone other than yourself.
Unfortunately, being yourself doesn’t always fit with society, so you may feel that you have to change yourself. Actually, you don’t have to, because being different just means that you are unique.
The following quotes from famous people about being different will help you be proud of who you are and celebrate your uniqueness.
These are the 30 best quotes about being different that will leave you tickled pink. Read them well to find out how to know yourself and how to be creative enough to achieve all your goals.
Best Quotes About Being Different
These are the top 10 quotes about being unique and different.
- “Be yourself; everyone else is taken.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Be different so that people can see you clearly amongst the crowds.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Being different is one of the most beautiful things on Earth.”
- “The person who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The person who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever seen before.” – Albert Einstein
- “Being different isn’t a bad thing. It means you’re brave enough to be yourself.” – Luna Lovegood
- “What makes you unique is what makes you attractive.” ― Amit Kalantri
- “I thought not fitting in was something I had to fix. Now I see it as my superpower.” – Maxime Lagacé
- “You have to be unique, and different, and shine in your own way.” – Lady Gaga
- “You laugh at me because I’m different, I laugh at you because you’re all the same.” – Jonathan Davis
- “A fruit salad is delicious precisely because each fruit maintains its own flavor.” – Sean Covey
Inspirational Being Different Quotes
Let the following quotes about being different remind you of your greatness and make you proud of the person you have become.
- “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” – André Gide
- “Don’t doubt your value. Don’t run from who you are.” — Aslan
- “Kites rise high against the wind, not with it.” — Winston Churchill
- “When you’re the only sane person, you look like the only insane person.” — Criss Jami
- “There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Everybody wants to make a difference, but nobody is willing to be different.” — Andy Andrews
- “We are all different. We see things differently. The things I appreciate and value may not be the things you appreciate and value. Our beliefs might conflict. And even if we agree on much, we perceive the world differently.” – Zamm Zamudio
- “Better to embrace the discomfort of being different than the comfort of fitting in.” – Ogwo David Emenike
- “When you are like everyone, you are nobody; but when you are different from everyone, you are somebody.” – Mehmet Murat iIdan
- “If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.” – Maya Angelou
- “By being yourself you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before.” – Edwin Elliott
Read Also: You Are Enough Quotes
Encouraging Quotes About Being Different
- “You must not be afraid of your uniqueness and you must care less and less what people think of you.” – Robert Greene
- “Never be afraid to be different. An original is more valuable than a copy.” – Roy Sutton
- “To be successful, one has to be one of three bees; the queen bee, the hardest working bee, or the bee that does not fit in.” – Suzy Kassem
- “Being different gives the world color.” – Nelsan Ellis
- “The key to me is being different not for the sake of being different, but being the most authentic version of what you do.” – Sam Hunt
- “You will be remembered for making a difference, and not for being the owner of fleets of cars.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
- “The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Always refuse to be like the others! The more you become similar to the others, the more you will be useless because there are already plenty of the others!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “Ordinary people are products of their environment and fit in. Artists transcend their environment and stand out.” – Oliver Gaspirtz
- “History honors the unique minority the majority cannot forget.” ― Suzy Kassem
- “Fitting in allows you to blend in with everyone else, but being different allows you to be yourself, to be unique, and to be more creative.” – Sonya Parker
We hope you found the power in one of the quotes above. Now trust yourself and believe that you are different just by being yourself. Maybe you have to work on yourself, but you are still the same person.
Share these quotes about being different to help someone know their worth.
Last Updated on October 15, 2023SHARE ON