Life Lessons Quotes: Who can deny that life’s lessons are more impactful than people’s lessons? Life, with all its events, situations, joys, and obstacles, can make you a new person every day with different ideas and experiences.
When something happens, what is the point if you don’t pick up the positive vibe from it? What is the return if you don’t direct your energy to make it better next time? This is what life teaches us—not by words but by experience.
Those who have lived long enough to understand this will agree with me, and that is why some inspiring words came from famous people to describe how life’s lessons impact us and how days turn us into new people.
The following list includes the 50 best quotes about life lessons that will surely describe the power of life lessons and inspire you to understand things that you have never understood before.
Best Life Lessons Quotes
Let’s begin with the 10 best quotes about life lessons.
- “People only get better with experience if they are willing to learn and understand the lessons that are given to them through the bad times in their lives.” — Jamie Alderton
- “Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.” — Og Mandino
- “The most valuable lessons in life cannot be taught, they must be experienced.” ― Liam Payne
- “Be humble to those who praise you, pleasant to those who honor you, kind to those who cherish you, good to those who love you, and generous to those who adore you.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
- “When something happens and it causes us pain, the pain is there to teach us a lesson. It is not so that we feel pain for the sake of pain.” — Cave Man
- “Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.” — Denis Waitley
- “One man’s fault is another man’s lesson.” — Maltese Proverb
- “The past is a place of reference, not a place of residence; the past is a place of learning, not a place of living.” ― Roy T. Bennett
- “Behind every adversity is an opportunity. If you lament over the adversity, you will miss the opportunity.” — Ajaero Tony Martins
Inspirational Quotes About Life Lessons
Let these quotes motivate you and teach you things you didn’t learn yet from life.
- “We can not become what we need to by remaining what we are.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.” ― Rick Warren
- “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” — Albert Einstein
- “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” — Roy T. Bennett
- “Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want.” — Heath Ledger
- “I made up my mind not to care so much about the destination, and simply enjoy the journey.” ― David Archuleta
- “You’re never wrong if you love and help people.” — Maxime Lagacé
- “Once we truly know that life is difficult — once we truly understand and accept it — then life is no longer difficult. Because once it is accepted, the fact that life is difficult no longer matters.” — M. Scott Peck
- “Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning… Anyone can start over and make a new ending.” ― Chico Xavier
Lessons Learned Quotes
The following quotes show lessons people already learned from life.
- “The one thing that I keep learning over and over again is that I don’t know nothing. I mean, that’s my life lesson.” — Dwayne Johnson
- “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” ― Roy T. Bennett
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ― Nelson Mandela
- “It took a long time, but I have learned that you just can’t take anything you want out of life without putting something back in exchange.” ― Piper Laurie
- “The biggest lesson I had in my life was failure.” — Tim Rice
- “I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.” — Maya Angelou
- “Life’s too mysterious to take too serious.” — Mary Engelbreit
- “If there was any great lesson in life it was this: No battle was ever won with silence.” ― Shannon L. Alder
- “Most important thing in life is learning how to fall.” ― Jeannette Walls
- “A tough lesson in life that one has to learn is that not everybody wishes you well.” ― Dan Rather
- “When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in.” ― Haruki Murakami
Short Life Lessons Quotes
The following quotes can touch you with just a few words about life lessons.
- “You can’t move forward if you’re still hanging on.” — Sue Fitzmaurice
- “Give out what you most want to come back.” ― Robin S. Sharma
- “Make improvements, not excuses. Seek respect, not attention.” — Roy T. Bennett
- “You can only lose what you cling to.” — Buddha
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” — Walt Disney
- “Solitude is our greatest teacher.” ― Mimi Novic
- “Being safe doesn’t mean you won’t be sorry.” ― Katerina Stoykova Klemer
- “Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.” ― Steve Maraboli
Live And Learn Quotes
- “I am learning to love the sound of my feet walking away from things not meant for me.” — A.G.
- “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” — Helen Keller
- “Lessons in life will be repeated until they are learned.” ― Frank Sonnenberg
- “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” — Soren Kierkegaard
- “One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.” — B. Nicole
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” ― Steve Jobs
- “Remember that winners do what losers don’t want to do.” ― H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Learn to listen. Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Life is short. Focus on what really matters most. You have to change your priorities over time.” ― Roy T. Bennett
Quotes About Life Lessons And Mistakes
Making mistakes is not the end of the world. That’s what the following quotes can tell you.
- “Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” ― Mary Tyler Moore
- “Forgive yourself for your faults and your mistakes and move on.” — Les Brown
- “Failure teaches you everything — you learn nothing from success.” ― George Clooney
- “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.”— Guy Finley
- “A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” — John C. Maxwell
- “If you’re not making some notable mistakes along the way, you’re certainly not taking enough business and career chances.” — Sallie Krawcheck
- “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” — Bill Gates
- “You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you.” — Maxwell Maltz
- “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
Did you learn something? Did you find a lesson you already learned? I’m sure you did.
Don’t forget to share these life lessons quotes. Maybe someone of your friends need to read these words, so help them.
Last Updated on November 5, 2023SHARE ON